Have a cup of tea…..Ginger tea……..!
It’s so cold! Huuuh huuhh….
How about of sipping a cup of tea? Ginger tea?
Today’s newspaper says “Increase in number of tea parlors Worldwide” Strange, we have ginger at our backyard and to drink ginger tea we go out!!!
May be we don’t know the benefits of ginger….
Today I will elaborate ginger to you
Ginger is called as Universal medicine by Ayurveda practitioners. It’s combination with honey it reduce ‘Kapha’ , with rock candy it reduces ‘Pitta’ & with rack salt it reduces ‘Vata’.
- Tonic for digestive System- Mix together equal parts of ginger juice, lemon juice and rock salt and take it before meals.
- It’s extract can help reduce the level of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body, reducing the risk of developing heart disease
- Ginger helps treating Hypertension, Diabetes
- Protect stomach from the side effects of painkiller & alcohol.
- Help to prevent Ulcers.
- With combination of onion juice Ginger treats Nausea & Vomiting
- Allergies & asthma- Dried ginger can help in the management of allergies and asthma
- For sore throats, hoarseness, and laryngitis- Chew a piece of fresh ginger
- It is also useful in viral fever.
- External use –It reduces pain of osteoarthritis, rheumatism, sprains, spasmodic pain. Juice of ginger is also useful for treating the burns ( local application) & Headache ( Rub the juice of ginger).
Special precautions should be taken in Pregnant women & persons who have bleeding disorder. Don’t use ginger for children under 2 years.