Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s primary purification & detoxification procedure. Panchakarma includes – Vamana, Virechana, Nasya , Basti, Raktmokshan. The series of five therepies help to remove deeply rooted stress & illness from your life.
Seasonal Panchkarama :
- Rainy season – Snehan ( Oil application) & Basti ( Enema)
- Winter – Vamana & Nasya ( Vommting & Nasal drops)
- Summer – Virechan ( Purgation)
Importance of Panchakarma:
1. To maintain health
2. To prevent & cure disease
3. It gives non specific immunity against any disesae.
Basti( Enema) :
Basti is highly beneficial as a rejuvenenating treatment. It is considered as highly regarded of all panchakarma treatments. It removes toxins from all of the doshas – Vata , Pitta & Kapha through colon. Medicated oil / ghee & herbal decoction are given as enema.
Basti treatment is used for :
- Digestive disorder, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation
- Backache, Sciatica, Arthritis, Spondylosis
- Obesity, Heart Disease
- Hemiplegia, Paraplegia.
- Sexual debility & Infertility.