Diet for Rainy Season
Varsha (Mid Jun- Mid Aug) is the season in which VATA problems like joint pain, Joint swelling, Body ache, Sciatica; Dryness of skin, Dandruff etc dominates. So we have to be very careful about our lifestyle & Diet.
Diet: Diet must be lighter, warm, oily, less watery, sweet, sour & salty in taste, which helps to control VATA
- Honey: Use sufficient amount of honey, which helps to control VATA.
- Cereals: Rice, Millets are good in rains.
- Pluses: As pulses are increasing VATA, it should be cooked with moderate amount of oil, ghee, butter. It will help to control VATA.
- Vegetables: Sweet & sour tasting vegetables must be preferred in this season.
- Milk & Milk Products: Moderate amount of ghee, butter, milk, and other milk products will help to control VATA. The heavy sweetmeat should be avoided.
- Oils: Sesame oil is the best medicine to control the VATA. It can be used in cooking and also used as massage oil.
- Spices: Turmeric, ginger, dry ginger, mustard seed are really good in this season. But avoid chilly, black papers.
- Water: Body is not demanding much water, so drink water as per your body requirements.
- Fruits: The need of fruits reduces considerably in this season.