Most of the major cardiovascular heart disease risks factors, such as physical inactivity, stress, obesity, addiction, uncontrolled high blood pressure, diabetes can be controlled. You, your family, your friends can protect your Heart.
Protect Your Heart:
- Get Active – Even 30 minutes of moderate intensity activity five times per week reduces the risk of heart disease. Try to make exercise regular part of your life.
- Eat a healthy Heart fruits/ diet – Eat plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables. Drink lot of water.
- Know your Numbers & risk: Have your blood pressure, BSL ( Blood sugar level), lipid profile ( cholesterol) levels checked regularly. High level all these test puts you at greater risk. Also monitor your weight, body mass index, waist circumference regularly.
- No addiction – Avoid smoke filled environments, exposure to second hand smoke significantly increase the risk of heart disease. Avoid tobacco & alcohol
- Medical Management- Take the medication that your doctor has prescribed. ( If you are on any medication)
Don’t forget that you can do something about most of the risk factor. Discover how you can change your heart health & protect your heart.