- Get Active – Even 30 minutes of moderate intensity activity five times per week reduces the risk of heart disease. Try to make exercise regular part of your life.
- Eat a healthy Heart fruits/ diet – Eat plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables. Drink lot of water.
- Know your Numbers & risk: Have your blood pressure, BSL ( Blood sugar level), lipid profile ( cholesterol) levels checked regularly. High level all these test puts you at greater risk. Also monitor your weight, body mass index, waist circumference regularly.
- No addiction – Avoid smoke filled environments, exposure to second hand smoke significantly increase the risk of heart disease. Avoid tobacco & alcohol
- Medical Management- Take the medication that your doctor has prescribed. ( If you are on any medication)