Aerobic physical exercise of moderate intensity performed on regular basis ( daily or at least 5 times/week) has been shown to:
1. Help weight reduction
2. Improve blood glucose control
3. Reduce insulin resistance
4. Induce favorable effects on other cardiovascular risk factors
5. Prevent the incidence of type 2 diabetes
6. Reduce cardiovascular & total mortality.
The effect of regular physical exercise on lipoprotein profile is to reduce plasma triglyceride levels & increase HDL. Therefore, half an hour of brisk uninterrupted walking ( or any other equivalent activity) at least five times per week is strongly recommended to everyone as part of a healthy lifestyle.